I'm looking to brainstorm more ways of what I can do to raise awareness about and motivation to sign the petition in the Migraine community and outside the Migraine Community.
What I've done:
- Posted all over Facebook the link to the petition, so many times that I'm sure my "friends" want to whack me with a virtual noodle Family members have re-shared it on their FB pages; not so much luck with non-Migraine "friends."
- Shared on Twitter (my handle is @flywithhope)
- Written blog posts about the petition
- Shared blogs on FB of others who have more knowledge than I do about the petition an its development such as this one, Living With Migraines - Thoughts on a Sunday, from Teri Robert, who is a part of the Board of Directors executive committee of the AHDA,
- Emailed family and friends that are not on FB or Twitter.
- In late November I brought the petition into my headache specialist's office and shared it with him. (He was completely unaware of it.)
- On the AHDA website, they have a link to a flyer (check it out!) they have made about the petition. My husband has expressed willingness to share it with concerned co-workers who are well aware of my disease, bring him Migraine related articles when they see them, and frequently ask him about me. George is an actuary (not in the health care field), so this could be applied to any workplace, given one has gotten permission from his/her boss first.
- I plan on bringing the flyer to my headache specialist's office and to every doctor I go (that's a lot!) to and ask them if they would be willing to post it. (My headache specialist has fliers for other things such as the Rewrite Your Day Campaign, so it is worth it to ask.)
- Continue talking about it on social media and my blog.
I look forward to hearing from you: if you have signed it, what you've done to promote awareness for the petition, what you're struggling with and your ideas for what you are going to do to keep getting the word out.
Please see AHDA Petition Signing Brainstorm Part 2 for a follow-up of what people are doing!