- This Suicide Was Senseless and Preventable by Teri Robert at About.com is a story of a woman who completed suicide because of her Migraine disease and how the health care system failed her.
- Migraine and Suicide II by Heather at A Journey of a Migraineur is a discussion about a private conversation Heather and I had. She quoted me saying, "I want to live. But I don't want to live like this." She also discusses how depression is a disease and it is okay to be on medication for it.
- Signal Boost: Migraine and Suicide by Sharon at After Gadget is a post that reaffirms the need for the discussion of suicide as it relates to chronic pain. Sharon also discusses her own feelings of being suicidal at one point in her life.
- A Little on Suicide and Migraines by Myth at Brainless Blogger is a very candid post about her experience with attempting suicide.
- About Suicide Prevention by Jeanne at Chronic Healing is a post where Jeanne shares what she learned in a class called safeTALK which stands for ‘Suicide Alertness For Everyone’/'Tell, Ask, Listen, KeepSafe.' What she learned is a lot of information on how to help someone get the resources they need when they are suicidal. Great read for family and friends.
- Miracle by Katharine at Healing My Migraines is a post from a couple years ago when Katharine was having some improvement in her anxiety and level of pain after a very difficult period. She discussed her feelings on how she had been at the end of her rope and didn't want to live in pain anymore.
- Migraine and Suicide by Jamie at Migraine: Living in Pain is a post where Jamie shares a time when she attempted suicide and wound up in the ICU. She wants others who may have had a similar situation to know that having feelings in the darkness is nothing to be ashamed of and to speak out when you are feeling that way because you are not alone.
- Migraine, Stigma, Suicide, Stop! by Nancy Bonk at My Migraine Connection is a post where Nancy asks why aren't we stepping up as a community to fight for the research dollars we need as Migraine is the 12th most disabling condition in the US? A very emotion-filled post written after a man who was told he had to live with his pain took his own life. The point being that this is a deadly disease and we need to fight for it.
- Do You Ever Wonder? by Wendy at Picnic With Ants is a post from earlier this year when Wendy discussed a very difficult day she had and was very honest about how she felt.
- Maria Marotta, a Life Lost to Migraine by Teri Robert at Putting Our Heads Together is a post on Maria Marotta, wife to Rich Little and how she took her own life because of the hopelessness she experienced with Migraine Disease.
Fly with Hope!